You can start with the very first tutorial or if you already know a little HTML and CSS then you can jump to any tutorial you like. You can find all the HTML and CSS tutorials and also some free web page templates below. When you see a word in a tutorial that is underlined with a dotted line you can click or tap on it for a definition of that word.
HTML & CSS Tutorials:
- Getting started with HTML5 and CSS3
- Paragraphs, line breaks and headings in HTML
- HTML Formatting
- Lists in HTML
- Linking pages in HTML
- Adding images to your web page
- Adding audio to your web page
- Adding video to your web page
- Using CSS to style your web page
- Using external style sheets (CSS)
- CSS font properties
- The box model and padding
- The box model and borders
- The box model and margins
- Divs and spans
- Background images and colours
- Class selector
- ID selector
- Float and clear properties
- Creating a basic CSS layout
- Child selectors
- Pseudo classes
- Linking to sections on the same page
- Styling your links
- CSS nth-child() selector
- Styling lists
- Horizontal lists
- Rounded corners on a div
- Linear gradients
- Tables – Part 2 (rowspan and colspan)
- Aligning images to left, right and center
- Adding navigation menu buttons to your web page
- Parallax scrolling effect New!
- Drop-down menus New!
- Automatic image slideshows New!
Use the colour picker to get hexadecimal codes for hundreds of colours to use in your CSS code.
HTML5 Canvas Tutorials
Click here to check out the HTML5 canvas tutorials.
- HTML and CSS layout template with horizontal menu links
- HTML and CSS layout with vertical menu buttons
Where to next?
You can also then check out the Responsive Web Design tutorials if you are interested in making mobile web apps or if you want to make your pages display nicely across different devices and screen sizes.