Here you will find a range of tutorial videos to help you get started with 3D animation, modelling and simulation using the Autodesk Maya software. These tutorials demonstrate using Maya 2016 on MacOS. However, the steps in the tutorials are mostly the same for newer versions of Maya and on Windows (mostly the only differences between MacOS and Windows are the keyboard shortcuts).
If you’ve never used Maya before then start with the first tutorial, otherwise you can jump ahead if you already have some experience or if you’re looking for something in particular.
- How to download your free Maya student license
- Navigation basics in Maya
- Creating, moving, rotating, and scaling 3D shapes
- Working with individual components of a shape
- Keyframe animation in Maya
- Changing the colour, material, texture and lighting of a shape
- Creating cameras and rendering in Maya
- Boolean modeling in Maya (adding, subtracting and intersecting 3D objects)
- Basic lighting and emitting lights from objects in Maya
- How to use an image file as a texture in Maya
- Motion path animation in Maya
- Extruding along a curve in Maya
- Creating and animating 3D text in Maya
- Editing curves in Maya
- Animating materials, lights and cameras
- An introduction to skeletons in Maya
- Animate a skeleton on a motion path in Maya
- Connecting joints in Maya
- Exporting 3D models from Maya into Unity
Tips and tricks
Please note: These videos are not monetised and no advertisements are placed in any of these videos. They are produced for educational purposes only and are not made for profit.